How to Take Good Care of Your False Lashes
If you’re like many empowered young women, you’ve experimented with false lashes. They’re great because they can really enhance the eyes and really draw attention. This is a great way to do well in a job interview, attract people to you, and feel more confident. This last point is actually really important, because when you wear the right false lashes, you get a real boost of self confidence that people just can’t ignore.
Should You Spend More Money on Better Lashes?
Now, there are all sorts of lash brands out there and what you buy is going to be completely personal. But, there are a few really crucial things to think about before diving right in:
- How often will you wear them?
- Do you want to be able to wear the same lashes more than once or twice?
- Are you prepared to keep them clean?
Asking yourself these questions is important when it comes to buying false lashes. If you don’t wear them very often, buying inexpensive lashes is probably the way to go. They can be disposed of after a wear or two and won’t break your bank account.
One the other hand, if you love to wear fake lashes and you’re kind of slightly addicted to it, buying a more expensive set is definitely the way to go. The more expensive fake lashes offer the following benefits:
- They are made from better quality materials that will last longer and be more durable,
- They can be cleaned up and worn again and again, making them more cost effective in the long
How Should You Take Care of Your Lashes?
If you’re investing in really good quality fake Lashes, you’ll definitely want to take good care of them. What’s important to remember is that all fake lashes are quite delicate. This means that they need to be handled with care. In fact, the best lashes are often most delicate because the lashes themselves are nice and soft.
If you clean your lashes, you can wear them again and again. This means that you don’t have to worry too much about having a drawer full of inexpensive lashes. You can invest in some of the better quality brands and just make sure you keep them clean.
- Dealing with the glue: When you apply the fake lashes to your eyelids, you have to use a special glue that holds them in place. This first thing you need to do is peel away this old glue. Make sure you get rid of every bit of it. You can use some tweezers for this part of it, but you just need to be careful that you don’t damage the lashes or the band holding them all in place at the base.
- Use cotton pads: After you’ve done this, you’ll need to get rid of any makeup that might be on the fake lashes. It’s especially important to do this if you’ve been using any other eye makeup, such as mascara. Get two cotton pads and soak them in an oil free makeup Then carefully place the lashes in between the cotton pads, like a sandwich. Gently press the pads together so that the makeup remover saturates the lashes and does the work of loosening up any remaining make-up. Do this for about 30 seconds.
- Carefully wipe: Once you’ve done this, just carefully wipe any left over makeup from each of the fake lashes with a cotton bu These are the types of cotton buds people use to clean small spaces, or their ears (something which is not recommended anyway). You’ll see any mascara come right off your fake lashes at this point.
- Put them away: After you’ve done all of this, the lashes should be nice and clean. Now you can put them carefully back in your box so that they are secure and safe until next time!
It’s not a difficult process and doesn’t take too long, but the results are well worth it. If you have invested in good quality fake lashes, you can get a lot of mileage out of a pair just by doing a simple clean after each use. If you do it right, there’s no reason you can’t wear your fake lashes 20 times or more!
Want a Nice Little Confidence Boost?
When fake lashes are expertly applied, they can really add to a signature look. They can take a bit of practice, but once you get into the swing of gluing them on and cleaning them up, you won’t even notice.
The thing is that buying and wearing fake lashes can actually become pretty addictive. Lots of young women are a bit worried about using them because they think they’re not easy to put on and maintain. The important thing to remember is that once you know how to do it, it comes easily and doesn’t take long at all.
Where fake lashes really shine is in how they can make you feel about yourself. The best thing about them is that they really enhance the eyes and your natural look. Mascara is just fine for accentuating natural lashes, but by wearing fake lashes you enhance your eyes even more. This is great for women who really want to make an impression.
Obviously, it’s always tempting to buy inexpensive fake lashes and just use them once or twice before disposing of them, but it’s not really cost effective. This is especially the case if you wear them almost everyday.
Furthermore, if you’re wondering about whether fake lashes are cheating or not, the thing to remember is that they only enhance what you already have. They can become a real part of your signature look and who wouldn’t want to feel better and look better? Just remember to keep them clean and look after them and they’ll provide you with plenty of good service.